Effective Date: 01 March 2022
Synergized Macro Solutions, Inc. is subject to the Philippine Data Privacy Act (R.A. 10173 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations) and complies with the principles for handling your personal information.
Information we collect
We collect information, which may include personal information, about you directly from you or from our contact person from your organization upon engagement of our services, and automatically through your use of our Site. We may combine information collected with other information that we have collected about you.
The types of personal data that we collect depend on the service that you avail or intend to avail from us, including but not limited to:
· Full name
· E-mail address
· Designation/ Department
· Contact number
You may browse and use certain portions of our Site without directly providing us with any personal information.
How we use your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
· Providing Our Services. To provide our Services to you; to communicate with you, including via email, about your use of our Services; to respond to your inquires; and for other customer service purposes.
· Marketing. We may market our services to you. Where you consent, we may provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions; to contact you about services or information we think may interest you; and for other marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes provided that you have not opted-out of receiving such communications.
· Complying with the Law. To comply with applicable legal obligations, including requests from law enforcement.
How we retain your information
How we disclose your information
We may disclose your information, including personal information, with the following entities:
· On-call consultants, trainers, and auditors. We will disclose your information to them who perform functions on our behalf as part of our Services. For example, the assigned on-call consultants, trainers, and auditors will receive information about the participants who have registered for the training, this information may include full name, email address, contact number, and designation/ department.
· ClassMarker (an online testing website). We will disclose your information to ClassMarker as part of our online training services especially on Course for Effective Internal Management System Auditing. For example, a participant’s full name and email address as provided in the training attendance shall be used in ClassMarker examination registration. Similarly, users will receive their system-generated username and password through their email address which will be used for taking the online examination.
Cookies and other tracking mechanisms
Know your Data Privacy Rights
Under RA 10173, people whose personal information is collected, stored, and processed are called data subjects. We, who manages your personal data that you shared with us, are dutybound to observe and respect your data privacy rights as stated in RA 10173.
1. The right to be informed. As a data subject, you have the right to be informed that your personal data will be, are being, or were, collected and processed.
2. The right to access. You have a right to obtain from an organization a copy of any information relating to you that they have on their computer database and/or manual filing system. It should be provided in an easy-to-access format, accompanied with a full explanation executed in plain language.
3. The right to object. You can exercise your right to object if the personal data processing involved is based on consent or on legitimate interest.
4. The right to erasure or blocking. You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data.
5. The right to damages. You may claim compensation if you suffered damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, considering any violation of your rights and freedoms as data subject.
6. The right to file a complaint. you feel that your personal information has been misused, maliciously disclosed, or improperly disposed, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated, you have a right to file a complaint with the NPC.
7. The right to rectify. You have the right to dispute and have corrected any inaccuracy or error in the data a personal information controller (PIC) hold about you.
8. The right to data portability. This right assures that YOU remain in full control of YOUR data. Data portability allows you to obtain and electronically move, copy or transfer your data in a secure manner, for further use.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. For example, we take steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if we no longer need it for any purpose. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
Our Site is not targeted to and Our Service does not address children under eighteen (18) years of age (“Children”), nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children. If we discover that a child data is in the system without adult consent, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us.
If you have any questions or concerns about the privacy aspects of our Site or Services, or want to complain about an interference with your privacy by SMS, please Contact Us. We will do our best to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
Data Protection Officer